Vote For Charlevoix's Best Hot Cocoa
On Saturday, December 7th, merchants will be armed with entertainment, samples, refreshments, special sales, raffles and more during the Charlevoix Merchant Open House.
Santa will arrive downtown at noon to spread some holiday cheer for the children. Santa will be downtown from noon to 1:00pm courtesy of the Charlevoix Township Fire Department.
After Santa departs, children are invited to watch a free full-length holiday movie at Charlevoix Cinema sponsored by Charlevoix State Bank and Charlevoix Cinema III. This year’s free movie is The Polar Express. For entry, please bring a canned-good to benefit the Food Pantry.
A new addition to the Open House is the 2013 Hot Cocoa Contest. Area restaurants invite you to sample and vote on your favorite hot cocoa. Cocoa stations will be set up at participating downtown stores. Just look for the “Cocoa Trail” posters in the store-front windows to sample and vote for your favorite.
The 2013 Cocoa Trail:
- Halfway To The Top to sample cocoa by the Edgewater Bistro
- The Clothing Company for cocoa by Grey Gables
- Charlevoix Harbor Wear for cocoa by Shanahan’s Prime
- The Man Cave for cocoa by Pigs Eatin’ Ribs
- Round Lake Book Store for cocoa by Stafford’s Weathervane Restaurant
- Elements for cocoa by The Landing’s Restaurant
- Scovie’s Gourmet for their own cocoa creation.
Voting boxes will be available at each of the in-store cocoa stations, so be sure to hit them all and vote for the winner!
Contact the Chamber for more information on this very merry event. Or Click HERE to view a complete list of merchant specials and activities.