Benefits of Membership
PROVIDING SERVICES AND BENEFITS TO OUR MEMBERS...
The Chamber exists primarily for one reason: TO SERVE THE NEEDS OF ITS MEMBERS! It does that in several ways; some general in nature, which serve all the members, but others, which are very specific in their response to members' needs, and add to the members' ability to be more competitive and profitable.
SPECIFIC SERVICES AND BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Group health care plans for businesses through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. Certain plans are exclusive to Chamber members only.
- Auto Owners Insurance group discounts on personal auto and home insurance
- Referral by the chamber office of inquiries to member firms, products and services
- Listing of member firms in the Chamber Membership Directory
- Free on-line listings of all Chamber members on the Chamber's website and free links to Mapquest for member mapping.
- Free reciprocal links to members' websites and e-mail addresses. "Mini websites" and advertising banners are available at discounted rates exclusively to members
- Networking opportunities through Business After Hours, First Friday Business Breakfasts, and other Chamber events
- Subscription to a weekly Biz Blast - an e-newsletter
- Chamber Checks Gift Certificate Program to keep dollars in our local area
- Chamber Checks are redeemable exclusively at member businesses.
Each member receives full-face value when presented by customer. Simply deposit Charlevoix Chamber Checks into your bank account
- Availability to purchase Chamber membership labels for direct mail, exclusive to members
- Ombudsman service for member firms vis-à-vis public policy and regulations
- Opportunity to sponsor Business After Hours and First Friday Business Breakfasts
- Provide economic and demographic information
- Access to the Small Business Association's Service Corps of Retired Executives Program (SCORE); one-on-one small business counselling through the Northern Lakes Economic Alliance (NLEA)
- Periodic seminars, workshops and special meetings on business related subjects Participation in the Chamber's Annual Awards presentation
- Help in hosting and participation in the ground breaking, ribbon cutting, and open house events
- Goodwill visits to new member firms by the Chamber Ambassadors
- Annual recognition awards program to recognize the accomplishments of selected persons and/or businesses at the Chamber Annual Awards ceremony.
- The display and dissemination of promotional material in the Chamber's brochure racks. Members provide brochures, and the Chamber maintains the racks and inventory