2018 Legislative Priorities
All Chambers within the Northern Michigan Chamber Alliance are looked upon by its members to provide a wide range of leadership development opportunities. It is the intent of all Chambers to create a continuum of learning that is specific to where an individual may be on the spectrum of leadership development. This will range from emerging leadership programs to senior or c-level executive training. Take a look at where you are on the continuum of learning and you find a multitude of options available within our region to advance your professional development.
The Northern Michigan Chamber Alliance spans 14 counties and represents more than 8,000 members of Northern Michigan’s business community. It’s composed of the Chambers of Commerce in Traverse City, Alpena, Benzie County, Cadillac, Charlevoix, Manistee, Gaylord, Petoskey and the Lake Superior Community Partnership in Marquette County. Associate members include the chambers in Elk Rapids, Harbor Springs, Cheboygan, Boyne City and East Jordan.
• Boyne Area Chamber of Commerce
• Cheboygan Area Chamber of Commerce
• East Jordan Area Chamber of Commerce
• Elk Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce
• Harbor Springs Area Chamber of Commerce
The Northern Michigan Chamber Alliance is committed to:
• Making it easier for businesses in northern Michigan to be competitive.
• Helping strong business sectors remain strong and continue job creation in our region.
• Ensuring our workforce is educated and prepared for the future needs of northern Michigan businesses.
• Promoting investment in our public transportation and business infrastructure, including energy development, road systems, harbors, airports and broadband connectivity.
When deemed appropriate and in support of Chamber Alliance positions and recommendations, member advocacy and grassroots activities will be developed and promoted using this legislative agenda as a basis for taking position on legislative policy.