Charlevoix Chamber Scholarship
The Charlevoix Area Chamber of Commerce Scholarship is intended to provide financial support and assistance to any high school senior graduating from a High School that deserves assistance. The money awarded is intended to be used by the recipient to cover tuition expenses associated with higher education.
Purpose and Criteria:
The Charlevoix Area Chamber of Commerce Scholarship is intended to provide financial support and assistance to a high school senior that deserves assistance covering tuition expenses associated with higher education.
Application Deadline: Must receive no later than Monday, April 3, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
Charlevoix Area Chamber of Commerce
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
109 Mason St.
Charlevoix, MI 49720
Number of Recipients: There will be ONE $2000 scholarship.
This Scholarship is generously funded by: Fox Charlevoix & Fox Charlevoix Ford, Freshwater Charch, Round Lake Group, LLC, and the Charlevoix Area Chamber of Commerce.
• Must be a graduating high school senior who is planning to attend an accredited vocational school, community college or university.
• Must be accepted to an accredited two or four year institution of higher learning (college or vocational school).
• Must have a 3.0 or better Grade Point Average (GPA)
• Must be either an employee of a business which is a member of the Charlevoix Area Chamber of Commerce or the child of an employee of a Chamber member business
• Immediate family members of the Chamber’s Selection Committee are ineligible to apply for the Chamber Scholarship.
Applications must include:
• Application Form
• Most recent transcript
• Copy of acceptance letter from college or vocational school
• A minimum of one written reference letter from any Chamber Member
* A minimum of one written reference letter from one of your High School teachers.
• A Personal Statement (maximum one (1) typed page) that includes a paragraph on each of the following topics.
1. Leadership: How have you demonstrated strong leadership during your high school years and been a role model for your peers?
2. Perseverance: Provide an example of a time in high school where you faced a challenge and explain how you approached the situation and the outcome.
3. Character: What adjective best describes your personal character and why did you chose this word?
4. Aspirations and Goals: Include your aspirations and goals in life and why you have chosen them.
• Financial need is not necessarily required for the scholarship, but may be taken into consideration by the scholarship committee.
• All students are encouraged to apply regardless of academic merit or financial need status; the scholarship committee will consider all eligible students and will base award decisions on the entire application, not just test scores, grade point average, financial circumstances, etc.
• The Board reserves the right to meet with a candidate when it is felt necessary or appropriate to complete the decision process.
• Winner(s) will be announced at the Senior Honors Convocation on May 17, 2017.
2016: Ms. Kelsey Engstrom
2015: Ms. Kourtney Putman
2014: Ms. Jill Dipert
2013: Ms. Sydney Carlson
2012: Ms. Lauren Bartling, Ms. Anne Dipert, Ms. Kelly Greyerbiehl, Mr. William Jeakle
2011: Ms. Katie Mays, Ms. Lindsy Laway, Mr. Thomas Rich
2010: Mr. Beau Boss
2009: Ms. Meredith Rich